6.07.2009

My Girl

I was sitting there with my favorite girl in the world.
She was so beautiful.
Maybe her hair wasn't perfect
It always looked like she had just gotten out of bed
Which was often true.
The breeze was blowing out of the southwest
A warm dry wind.
She had a t-shirt on
It was a not fade away
but it was old and thin
I could just see the outline of her nipples beneath it
When she saw me looking she flushed slightly and smiled
She had a way of making me feel
like there was no way I could ever think of anything else
but having sex with her
but life has to keep happening somehow
or that's what I was telling myself as we leaned across the patio table
as though we had only one mind
She wanted to kiss me
but I bit her lower lip
and a little bit harder than I intended to
She got mad and pulled back
into a pout and huffed, and flipped her hair and refused to look at me
so I tried to grab her
which she resisted admirably
until we both just hugged
and looked out of our little sheltered nook
at the world flying past us, everything changing
jets moving across the sky
information traveling at the speed of light
one second following the last one
like waves of the ocean, rocking silently
a babe in a mother's arms
a vast and hidden landscape of thoughts twisting back in upon themselves
winding down into infinity
just out of sight beneath the surface
of conversations

I held her tightly.
I promised her I would keep her safe
And that I would love her forever, no matter what
Both things were completely true when I said them
But some promises cannot be kept
and we all die, or our bodies do anyway, for sure

We stopped worrying about anything else but each other
and nobody was meant to see our love]
and nobody will

No comments:

Post a Comment